Here are, according to us and our local team, the things to do and see in Atlanta in order to get the real vibe, real essence of the city.
Get Atlanta offline audio guide >
1. Of course you could do all of the following or just register to our cultural scavenger hunt!
2. Take a look at this map of the city to have a real idea on how it is built and organized.
3. Feel and live history in Sweet Auburn neighborhood and visit Martin Luther King Jr,'s birth house and his former church.
4. Go jogging or just walking through the Centennial Olympic park.
5. Be part of Atlanta's real everyday life by doing some shopping at the Atlantic Station in Midtown.
6. Then for late lunch, grab a burger or sandwich and go eat in the Piedmont Park while enjoying a relaxing moment in this green area in the middle of that vibrant city.
7. Get deeper into Atlanta's history by driving through Buckhead, the residential neighborhood where you'll enjoy watching these beautiful victorian houses and manors.
8. While being in Buckhead, you absolutely must stop by the Atlanta History Center.
9. Enjoy a dinner with locals in Midtown.
10. At night, go partying in Virginia Highland, a neighborhood with a great student vibe that anyone can enjoy.
11. Of course our scavenger hunt will take you to secret and hidden places from the city that you will get you great memories from Atlanta.
Greg is our Atlanta local representative, we asked him what an ideal day of leisure in Atlanta could look like, what would he suggest to do from early morning to late at night?
Here is what he suggests.Don't hesitate to contact Greg on Twitter @bigcitychase #Atlanta #questionforGreg if you have questions for him, we may publish your conversation in this blog if he thinks it might be useful to other Atlanta visitors.
Greg from Atlanta for Big City Chase Atlanta :
"Hi guys, I was born and raised in Atlanta, moved for grad school and got back here for work a few years ago, and here is the leisure day I suggest so that you can get the most out of Atlanta :
I'd get up early to enjoy sunrise on the skyline. I'd suggest you get to the Jackson street bridge, from there you'll be able to enjoy sunrise on the whole skyline. After that, as it is early morning you may want to get great coffee, as you are in the neighborhood go to Condesa coffee on John Wesley Dobbs Avenue.
After coffee I would advise you to go for a walk on the Krog street market, buy fresh produce there and enjoy the atmosphere.
And lunch time is approaching, well good for you you're at right place already! Go get yaself a
delicious burger at Fred's meat and bread, on 99 Krog St.
After that great lunch, I suggest a little walk and some rest in a place surrounded by nature, the Cascade Springs Nature Preserve. Get on a small and easy trail there. inside the park’s 120 acres of green space, a wide trail network explores a tumbling waterfall, a wildlife-filled forest, and trickling springs that feed the park’s many streams. The hilly forest is a retreat from the surrounding city, and home to wildlife including deer, birds, and turtles. The Cascade Springs Trail departs the parking area trailhead view directions.