Get Barcelona offline audio guide >
1. Of course you could do all of the following or just register to our cultural scavenger hunt!
2. Take a look to this map of the city, to have a real idea on how it is built and organized.
3. Absolutely stop by the El Raval neighborhood around mid-day to get a glimpse of a popular neighborhood
El Raval is Barcelona’s most colorful district, and possibly the most happening. With some of Barcelona’s best bars, top restaurants, and excellent things to see and do, you’ll find much to explore in this tourist center of the city.
4. Choose at least one or two or all of Gaudi's masterpieces to spend some time admiring them while feeling completely out of time, just you facing beauty.
Here's a list of Gaudi's work in Barcelona
Church of Colònia Güell
Sagrada Família Schools
5. Have dinner with locals in Eixample
6. Get a glimpse of Barcelona's nightlife in Port Olimpic
Beatriz is our Barcelona local representative, we asked her what an ideal day of leisure in Barcelona could look like, what she would suggest doing from early morning to late at night.
Here is what she suggests.Don't hesitate to contact Beatriz on Twitter @bigcitychase #Barcelona #questionforBeatriz if you have questions for her, we may publish your conversation in this blog if she thinks it might be useful to other Barcelona visitors.
Beatriz from Barcelona for Big City Chase Barcelona :
"Hola, my name is Beatriz, Im originally from Sevilla and moved to Barcelona when I was 16.
To get the most out of Barcelona, I would of course advise to get all the time needed to admire all of Gaudi's work, but for an ideal leisure day here is what I advise you to do :
First thing in the morning, get to the eixample to have breakfast in a nice coffe shop, then hang ou in that neighborhood for strolling and shopping. Head to El Raval for lunch time especially in those nice and simple restaurants with terrasses around theMacba, you'll see real Barcelonians. Order some tapas and traditional catalonian food in one of those popular restaurants for locals.
After lunch, hit the beach, and get the most out of
Nova Icária's beach between its wonderful sandy spaces, water sports activities and its shopping center. After beach time, go and grab a cocktail on one of the great rooftop terrasses bars on
Passeig de Gràcia, for dinner, I don"t give you any advice, any neighborhood will be fine, as you know Barcelona is a great city for gastronomy, you can't go wrong if you choose a traditional catalonian or a fusion restaurant. "